The Historic Coxey Building Ruins, circa 1898. The structural steel for the Coxey Building was salvaged from one of the principal exhibits at the 1893 World's Columbian Exhibition in Chicago. It was transported to this site on 40 circus railroad cars. Jacob S. Coxey's unsuccessful attempts to produce steel in this building were supplanted by glass-making operations that flourished for nearly 80 years. Photographed during the Ariel-Foundation Park grand opening on May 29, 2016 by Joe Frazee.